The root idea of the former is fear. Bible > Leviticus > Chapter 11 > Verse 44 Library • Free Downloads • eBibles (29-30) More Unclean Animals: Reptiles and Other Creeping things. 11:44-45; 19:2; 20:26). There is bound to be a remaining root of sin left, that we have to struggle with throughout our lives on earth. Whoever touches their carcass shall be unclean until the evening, 25 and whoever carries any part of their carcass # ch. For I am the Lord your God. Be Holy. At the end of a chapter of rules concerning what is kosher to eat, God says that the reason for these rules is not because bacon is sinful and hamburger is not. Can you find a verse in 1 Peter chapter 1 which says the same thing? For I [am] the Lord your God Their Lord, and therefore had a right to enjoin them what laws he pleased concerning their food; and their God, their covenant God, and therefore would consult their good, and direct them to what was most proper, convenient, and wholesome for them: But our response is also free. What does it mean to be separated from the world? (Leviticus 11:44-45) These verses are some of the most central, in a sense, verses in the entire Book of Leviticus. Leviticus 11:44 and 45; 1 Peter 1:16 The word holy is used 76 times in Leviticus. As to blood, Leviticus 17:10ff expands on this prohibition and explains that the life is in the blood, and if anyone gets it, God does. The key verses of Leviticus—"Be holy, for I am holy" (Lev. Leviticus 11:44-45 ESV / 2 helpful votes Helpful Not Helpful. Circumcision of the Heart in Leviticus and Deuteronomy: Divine Means for Resolving Curse and Bringing Blessing 1. Your definition of holy or holiness may be dreadfully different from God. You shall not defile yourselves with any swarming thing that crawls on the ground. Leviticus Leviticus is the third book in the Bible and set at a time when man’s history had spanned approximately 2,800 years. To maintain a constant observance of the divine law, and to govern themselves … Consecrate yourselves therefore, and be holy, for I am holy. Information and translations of book of leviticus in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web. In other words, in those days, it was the BEST. (a) Why do we need to be clean? When God in Leviticus invites us to "walk in My statutes" -- it means walking and living in harmony with the rhythms and needs of the land. Leviticus 11:44-45; 1 Peter 1:13-16 2. Most Christians do not know what the word holy actually means and nor did I … (Leviticus 11:44, 45) So the main … In an effort to avoid these situations and circumstances we are to, "therefore 'sanctify' yourselves." While the command does allude to the Old Testament practice of the uplifted hands in respectful petition ... (1 Peter 1:15-16; cf. Set apart. Above all. I even made a chart to see if there were any significant differences. Leviticus definition, the third book of the Bible, containing laws relating to the priests and Levites and to the forms of Jewish ceremonial observance. 3 What does it mean to be clean? It is God's manual on how to approach Him, be forgiven of . I'm reading. But our response is also free. HaKodesh means “the Holy. (b) What does creation teach us about how Jehovah views cleanness? To get what Leviticus 11:44 means based on its source text, scroll down or follow these links for the original scriptural meaning , biblical context and relative popularity. After the Covenant, a special corps of priests had to be established, one totally dedicated to the service of Yahweh. All this is covered in Leviticus 8-10. The priests had to come from the tribe of Levi, the tribe which would be given no share in the later division of Canaan. Basically, a whole … No one can become perfectly sinless once and for all. First, it was acquired through the direct or indirect contact with something unclean (blood, a corpse, a carcass, etc.). Holiness is an attribute of God that connects God’s character to my daily life. He’s pure, righteous in every way. The entire book covers a duration of about fifty days (cf. Or perhaps it means only to tell the Israelites? 4 We learn to be clean and pure from Jehovah’s own example. They must hereby learn to put a difference between good and evil, and to reckon that it could not be all alike what they did, when it was not all alike what they ate. Consecrate yourselves therefore, and be holy, for I am holy. Jesus said that we should live by every word that God has given us (Matt. God sent His son, Jesus, to show us exactly what holiness is like. You shall not defile yourselves with any swarming thing that crawls on the ground. (a) Why do we need to be clean? W hat does it mean to give a freewill offering in the Bible? For I am the Lord your God. “You shall be holy to Me, for I the Lord am holy and have separated you from the peoples, that you should be Mine” (Leviticus 20:26). Why does this version, as well as many other modern translations, translate the Greek with a different meaning than the KJV translators understood? Leviticus 19:2 "Speak to all the congregation of the sons of Israel and say to them, 'You shall be holy, for I the LORD your God am holy. The question here is: what is "holy"? Some items of possibly related interest may also include: Philadelphian Christians Will Instruct Many Does God have a plan whereby you might instruct many? This is a word of Greek origin meaning “offering.” It is the main sacrifice, where the victim is wholly burnt. The book of Leviticus points to Christ in many ways - for His atoning blood alone takes … The theme of this section is found in 11:44-45: For I am the LORD your God. Also, are people prevented from doing anything or expected to do something while they are unclean? 2.) 19:10; 31:24 shall wash his clothes and be unclean until the evening. The principles that God reveals to the Israelites in Leviticus are intended to separate and protect His people from the past pagan influences of Egypt and the soon Canaanite paganism that will surround them again in the near future. Note Leviticus 18:3 in this regard: The person is put to death and also sentenced to karet (being cut off). Twice, we hear these words, “Be holy, for I am holy.” This is God speaking to His people, God who is obviously holy. This does not mean ignoring the specifics of the law, but discerning how God is guiding us to fulfill it in today’s context. The question here is: what is "holy"? Thus, karet in this verse cannot mean excommunication (what, he can’t be buried in the cemetery?). God says: ‘You shall therefore sanctify yourselves, and you shall be holy; for I am holy’ (Leviticus 11:44). It is a act of one's will. The primary purpose of the sin offering is to purify people from an unwitting sin. How are we to understand the word “holy?” There are a number of important things which we must understand. Holiness means that God is set-apart. Leviticus, 5-2-97 study notes. Chapter 11. Lev 16:20-22 “And when he has made an end of atoning for the Holy Place and the tent of meeting and the altar, he shall present the live goat. Leviticus is simply a continuation of Exodus. WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE SANCTIFIED? Understanding the Book of Leviticus for Today. I went into the factory to see what they were doing. It is the case that proves the point. You shall therefore sanctify yourselves, and you shall be holy; for I am holy…" Sanctification is what makes a believer holy and worthy of bearing the image of Christ. Freewill. There weren’t. (Leviticus 11:44) Here the Lord is telling us that if we eat certain things our temple ( 1Corinthians 6:19 ) becomes defiled and we become an abomination to our God. This harkens back to Genesis 9:4ff, which has the same prohibition in God's covenant with Noah after the flood. Lecture 10 - Biblical Law: The Three Legal Corpora of JE (Exodus), P (Leviticus and Numbers) and D (Deuteronomy) Overview. A THOUGHT FROM PASTOR RICH – Leviticus 11:44-45; Isaiah 6; Luke 5:8 What does it mean to be holy? This shows the English words related to the source biblical texts along with brief definitions. Definition of book of leviticus in the Definitions.net dictionary. There must have been a good reason. I am the LORD your God; … This material comprises the entirety of Leviticus 17–26 as well as portions of other chapters. The view that arsenokoitai is a reference to “homosexuals” is based on the simple fact that it is recognizable as a compound word which originated in the Septuagint translation of Leviticus 20:13 which speaks of a man who lies with mankind as with womankind. 4 We learn to be clean and pure from Jehovah’s own example. One important rule of Bible study is to be sure to read all Scripture in its proper context. (Leviticus 11:44-45, Galatians 2:20, John 14:21) Peter’s words are nearly identical to those in Leviticus, but that really doesn’t help us much in knowing how to be holy. Regardless of your stance on this, I recommend reading this essay by a gay Orthodox rabbi. The opening verses of Leviticus 19 set the tone not only for next two chapters but also for the entire swath of the Torah that biblical scholars call “the Holiness code/collection/layer,” a relatively late stratum of the Priestly source. Both sanctification and holiness imply being "different" or "set apart" for a special purpose. Leviticus 11:44. You must not defile yourselves by any creature that crawls along the ground. Taken from "Whatever Became of Holiness" by Steve Deneff. A. Verses 14-15 ? Leviticus 3 is split up into three parts: Cows, sheep, and goats. In Leviticus 11:44, God says to the people of Israel, “For I am the LORD your God. I guess he must mean four-legged insects. It’s a compound word: “arsen” means man and “koite” or “koitas” or “koitai”—depending on a verb or a noun—means bed. 42 Whatsoever goeth upon the belly, and whatsoever goeth upon all four, or whatsoever hath more feet among all creeping things that creep upon the earth, them ye shall not eat; for they are an abomination. 13:6, 34; 14:8, 9, 47; 15:5; 16:26, 28; 17:15; Num. (b) What does creation teach us about how Jehovah views cleanness? Download Study. To be holy is to be a complete person, to fulfill your humanity. Introduction— does Leviticus have anything to tell us about our work? Consecrate yourselves therefore, and be holy; for I am holy. He’s perfect. It was too good for ordinary men. Leviticus 11:44 - For I . Often when a writer of the New Testament refers to being holy, it includes obedience to the difference between clean and unclean. When I embarked on this reading that old feeling was there but I was/am convinced that each book of the Bible is important, because God had them included. 2) Beginning of Exodus (Taken from Numbers 1) 1) 73 2) 600,000 men = 2.5 million people. Circumcision, both inside and outside the Bible, has raised no small discussion in the literature. 10:11). The Year of Jubilee is meant to protect the poor. There are some who claim that the dietary distinction between clean and unclean animals was only given to the Jewish people or Israelite nation. The Sabbath Year was an extension of the Sabbath to allow the land to rest on the seventh year. In Leviticus chapter 12, why is a woman unclean longer if … Many of the sacrifices that the Israelites were to make gave a portion to the priests and Levites. Who was the author of Leviticus? Leviticus 11:3-8 describes the animals that are "kosher" [kosher is a Hebrew word that means "proper"]. Christians these days tend to be super individualistic and look for a fun church that “fits them”. However, it is clear that this does not mean that everything under the law is an "eternal moral principle" to be observed beyond the end of the Old Covenant (Heb. Leviticus 11:46 Translation & Meaning. He’s perfect. Use this table to get a word-for-word translation of the original Hebrew Scripture. 24 “And by these you shall become unclean. 1 The LORD said to Moses and Aaron: 2 Say to the Israelites: These are the creatures that you are allowed to eat from the land animals: 3 You can eat any animal that has divided hoofs, completely split, and that rechews food. The Sabbath is the seventh day of the Jewish week, intended as a day of rest. The sacrificial system of Leviticus has ceased for the people of God; it has been fulfilled in the coming of Christ (see Heb. Abbreviation: Lev. The church isn’t the body of Christ. In Ezekiel we see the additional notion of the blood and fat as Yahweh's food (44:7). (Leviticus 11:44, 45) So the main reason we need to be clean is that we want to be “imitators of God.” —Ephesians 5:1. Q. To be holy means to be sacred, set apart from what is common for service to the holy God. 1 Peter 1:15-16 - But as he which hath called … Taken from "Whatever Became of Holiness" by Steve Deneff. ASV. Consecrate yourselves therefore, and be holy, for I am holy” (Leviticus 11:44). Set apart. Leviticus 11:44 gives us the big implication of the holiness of God: “Be holy, for I am holy.” The people of God who are called by a holy God to a holy God are called to be a holy people. (Leviticus 11:44) Here the Lord is telling us that if we eat certain things our temple (1Corinthians 6:19) becomes defiled and we become an … Vayikra - Leviticus - Chapter 11 ... [Whom does “to them” refer to?] Leviticus 11:21 "Yet these may ye eat of every flying creeping thing that goeth upon [all] four, which have legs above their feet, to leap withal upon the earth;" (This has been purposely Later in life some of us will desire to know our Creator, but others will not. As we examine these questions, we may see some changes we personally need to make. The priest must partake of this offering as part of the atonement (Leviticus 10:17). Browse Sermons on Leviticus 11:44-45. Introduction. The fat was the tastiest, most fragrant, most calorie-dense portion of food available in an often desolate and calorie-poor land. Moses. 2. 11 Then Jehovah said to Moses and Aaron: 2 “Tell the Israelites, ‘These are the living creatures of the earth* that you may eat:+ 3 Every animal that has a split hoof and a cleft in its hooves and that chews the cud may be eaten.. 4 “‘But you must not eat these animals that chew the cud or have a split hoof: the camel, which chews the cud but does not have a split hoof. Leviticus 11 (in concert with Deuteronomy 14:3) provides a description of the animals that are unsuitable for food for G-d's people, Israel. For I am the LORD your God; consecrate yourselves, therefore, and be holy, because I am holy. These verses indicate how that we keep the covenant of the Lord. Discover (and save!) 11 The Lord said to Moses and Aaron, 2 “Say to the Israelites: ‘Of all the animals that live on land, these are the ones you may eat: 3 You may eat any animal that has a divided hoof and that chews the cud. 4 Nevertheless these shall ye not eat of them that only chew the cud, or of them that only part the hoof: the camel, because he cheweth the cud but parteth not the hoof, he is unclean unto you. What can we do to prepare ourselves to come into such a presence? The Heart of the Matter Leviticus 11:43-45 Do not defile yourselves by any of these creatures. Reverence Meaning in the Bible. Is Leviticus 11 Just for Jewish People? Peter quotes a well-known command of God to His people Israel (Leviticus 11:44–45; 19:2; 20:7). This is also true in regard to love. In Leviticus 11:44-45 God calls us to be holy for He is holy. First, it was acquired through the direct or indirect contact with something unclean (blood, a corpse, a carcass, etc.). You shall not defile yourselves with any swarming thing that crawls on the ground. Read 2 Corinthians 6:17 and Ephesians 5:11. am. When was Leviticus written. Clean and Unclean Food. 40:17 and Numb. Two objects can not occupy the same place at the same time. Leviticus 11:46 Translation & Meaning. And the Lord spoke to Moses and Aaron, saying to them, “Speak to the people of Israel, saying, These are the living things that you may eat among all the animals that are on the earth. Leviticus 11:44-45. 2) Shaving the beard as an act of mourning. He is holy and pure and sinless. The word holy appears 492 times in the Old Testament. 1445 BC. Is that something we can do in our day too? That is, 1. Twice, we hear these words, “Be holy, for I am holy.” This is God speaking to His people, God who is obviously holy. Leviticus 11:44 - "I am the Lord your God. Leviticus 11:44, ESV: "For I am the LORD your God. There isn’t any unity and submission before God. It was not intended merely for a bill of fare, or as the directions of a physician about their diet, but God would hereby teach them to sanctify themselves and to be holy, Leviticus 11:44; Leviticus 11:44. Because of the nature of his injury and to prevent the possibility of infection, scrupulous care was taken to prevent his visitors from contaminating the surroundings. To me, Leviticus 18:22 is more a reflection of the social/cultural mores of the time when the Torah was first transcribed than it is a reflection of God's will regarding what we know today as queerness. For I am the Lord your God. God is holy. “We love (agapomen),” says the writer, “because he first loved (egapesen) us” (1 John 4:19). [1] ויקרא יט:א וַיְדַבֵּ֥ר יְ-הֹו King James Version. What does it mean to be ceremonially unclean? 26 Every animal that parts the hoof but is not cloven-footed or does not chew the cud is unclean to you. “We love (agapomen),” says the writer, “because he first loved (egapesen) us” … In the section titled “Holiness,” Wenham examines what is commonly recognized as one of the major themes of Leviticus (cf. I n the same-sex marriage debate there is increasing reluctance by believers to mention the book of Leviticus. Leviticus 11. Even angels know the difference between clean and unclean animals. What does Leviticus mean? And why is being clean good for us? Though it is often ridiculed by those that have not read it, or misunderstood by those who do not have spiritual discernment, Leviticus is a book that concentrates on holiness - the holiness of God and the need for the nation of Israel to be holy. "You shall be holy," God informed His chosen nation through Moses. WHY DO WE NEED TO BE CLEAN? In the Bible, indicative statements about God often become imperatives for his people—“be holy as God is holy” (Leviticus 11:44), for example. What does the word “holy” mean? The Torah also makes it clear through the whole list of curses that what is at stake is the relationship between humanity and the land. It is filled with direct, practical instructions, even though the action takes place in a very different workplace than most of us experience today. 3 What does it mean to be clean? 3:16), then all Scripture is profitable for God's people to use in developing godly lives. This lecture introduces biblical law in a comparative approach that identifies similarities and differences between Israelite law and other Ancient Near Eastern legal traditions, such as the Code of Hammurabi. 4, 5. Crap! we should not live according to our selfish desires. In Leviticus 11:44, Elohim explains why we shouldn’t eat certain creatures. The book was named for the Levites because of the portions that provide instructions to enable them to fulfill their responsibilities. Leviticus 11:44. (Leviticus 11:44, 45) So the main … Do not make yourselves unclean by any creature that moves along the ground." "For I am the LORD your God: ye shall therefore sanctify yourselves, and ye shall be holy; for I am holy" (Leviticus 11:44) Sanctify means to make clean and pure. God is Holy. By the time we die, we either believe He exists, that Jesus is God, that Jesus died so that He could forgive our sins, and He returned to life, or we reject one or all of these truths. You shall not let your cattle engender with a diverse kind: you shall not sow your field with mingled seed: neither shall a garment mingled of linen and woolen come on you. And so I read them. Overview: This verse is one of the famous six "clobber" passages from the Bible that is often used to condemn same-sex sexual activity. It was too good for ordinary men. 11:44–45; 19:2; 20:7, 26; 21:8). What does this verse really mean? Leviticus 16:20-22 explains that Aaron put on the head of the goat all the iniquities, transgressions and sins of the people of Israel and sent the goat free into the wilderness. How many Hebrews were in the historical setting of: 1) Genesis 50? It is also not necessarily because oysters are unhealthy and chicken is not. Answers abound, but many answers leave people mystified and confused. From start to finish, Leviticus is a book that points to Christ. What does the Bible say? For I am the Lord who brought you up out of the land of Egypt to be your God. There goes my insect collection. In the context of those passages, it includes what they ate, how they treated one another, how they approached the Lord, and more. I am the LORD your God; … It is impossible for a Christian to attain to full sanctification in this life. Consecrate yourselves therefore, and be holy, for I am holy. “We love (agapomen),” says the writer, “because he first loved (egapesen) us” (1 John 4:19). In Leviticus, the compound word arsenokoitai word is presented as two separate words – arsenos meaning “man” and koiten meaning … In this coming week’s study, I will attempt to not only familiarize you with this book, but also explain how it impacts the debate. In the past, I've oftentimes been unexcited about reading Leviticus. Above all. Today's section follows immediately after these events. Analysis of Leviticus 18:22 "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination." Your definition of holy or holiness may be dreadfully different from God. Ye shall therefore sanctify yourselves, and ye shall be holy, for I am holy; neither shall ye defile yourselves with any manner of creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. It has to mean something like extirpation (his line of descendants will come to an end and his name erased) or denial of afterlife. Verse _____ GOD IS HOLY. “ For I am the Lord your God: ye shall therefore sanctify yourselves, and ye shall be holy; for I am holy: neither shall ye defile yourselves with any manner of creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. Name. In the context of Leviticus 22:10, God is speaking of sacrifices. 4, 5. Haven't found one yet. The laws of Leviticus were firmly entrenched in the idea of what it meant to be Israelite. You shall not defile yourselves with any swarming thing that crawls on the ground. How popular is the name Holly in UK? You'd think that since God made the insects, and so many of them (at least several million species), he'd know how many legs they have! What did that mean in terms of everyday life? Leviticus 21:8 'You shall consecrate him, therefore, for he offers the food of your God; he shall be holy to you; for I the LORD, who sanctifies you, am holy. Answer: The scripture you are referring to in regard to what it means to possess an undefiled marriage bed (assuming, of course, that the couple is a man and a woman, and not the unbiblical coupling of two men or two women) between a couple is found in Hebrews 13. Leviticus 11:44 Context. Taken from "Whatever Became of Holiness" by Steve Deneff. Leviticus 11:44, NIV: "I am the LORD your God; consecrate yourselves and be holy, because I am holy. This is also true in regard to love. Elohim wants us to be holy as He is holy. Consecrate yourselves therefore, and be holy, for I am holy. Do not make yourselves unclean by any creature that moves along the ground. In other words, in those days, it was the BEST. What does 1 Peter 1:16 mean? God wants His people to be set apart from that which is sinful or unclean. October 8, 2018 By Ralph Drollinger. Consecrate yourselves and be holy, because I am holy. Because of God’s presence with them, the book declares again and again, “You shall be holy because I am holy” (Lev. Lev 11:44 I am the LORD your God; consecrate yourselves and be holy, because I am holy. Leviticus is a great source for people seeking guidance about their work. In space they have limits, boundaries and ends. Do not make yourselves unclean by any creature that moves about on the ground. This does not mean that the marriage itself saves the non-Christian. When many people start thinking about a religious code, they almost automatically envision a list of “Do’s” and Very true. Jul 17, 2013 - This Pin was discovered by Nelisiwe Edith Hlongwane. See more. Look at the text again; what,specifically, does Peter mean when he says we should be holy? He does this to drive home a point, particularly to his Jewish readers, that God has always commanded His children to "be holy." (Leviticus 11:44) Here the Lord is telling us that if we eat certain things our temple (1Corinthians 6:19) becomes defiled and we become an … Does Bible talk about that anymore? sanctify (KJV): Lev 21:6 Ex 19:10,14 28:41 29:1,43,44 ; for I (KJV): Lev 11:44,45 19:2 20:7,8 Joh 10:36 17:19 Heb 7:26 10:29; Leviticus 21 Resources - Multiple Sermons and Commentaries 4:4), and that includes Leviticus. Let's apply this rule to the proof text used above and get to its true meaning. The Jamieson, Fausset and Brown Commentary offers the following explanation for Leviticus 19:19 Leviticus 19:19 You shall keep my statutes. Paul calls the church "the Israel of God" (Galatians 6:16). (b) What does creation teach us about how Jehovah views cleanness? The law regarding unclean animals—in Leviticus 11—is unique in the Bible: In Leviticus ritual uncleanness had two basic characteristics. Guilt (Reparation) Offering (Leviticus … He’s pure, righteous in every way. Such abuse of Scripture distorts the Old Testament meaning and denies a New Testament message. By Kelly McDonald, Jr. To be a holy people means we must honor the salvation of the Lord (Leviticus 11:44-47). Consequently, it should not be a surprise that God considers to be His enemy (Romans 5:8-10). But some ignore its definitions of their own "uncleanness" while quoting Leviticus to condemn "homosexuals." KJ21. The word means to be “separate” or “set apart.” It also refers to a moral quality of the person. At the end of seven Sabbath Year cycles, or 49 years, God commanded there to be a 50th year set aside as the Year of Jubilee. Holiness in Leviticus is not separation for separation’s sake, but for the sake of a thriving community of the people of God and the recon­ciliation of each person to God. Elohim wants us to be holy as He is holy. Meaning of book of leviticus. However, when [Scripture] says (verse 2),“Speak to the children of Israel,” speaking to Israel is already mentioned. Whatever parts the hoof and is cloven-footed and chews the cud, among the animals, you may eat. – Leviticus 11:44 I am the Lord who brought you up out of Egypt to be your God; therefore, be holy for I … God gave his people instructions on how to live a holy life. For I [am] the Lord your God Their Lord, and therefore had a right to enjoin them what laws he pleased concerning their food; and their God, their covenant God, and therefore would consult their good, and direct them to what was most proper, convenient, and wholesome for … His character is holy. A. Peter is quoting Lev 11:44 (with some blending from 19:2; 20:7and 20:26). I’m glad you brought up Leviticus 20:3. 400 years. Lev 11:45 I am the LORD who brought you up out of Egypt to be your God; therefore be holy, because I am holy. Bottom‐line, the easiest way to understand holiness is to study the life of God’s Son, Jesus Christ. 'clean' in Leviticus really does mean atonement… For on this day shall atonement be made for you to cleanse you. Passages like 1 Samuel 2:2 and Isaiah 6:3 are just two of many examples of passages about God’s holiness. For I am the Lord your God. ... meaning that in time they have a beginning and an end. 5 Creation teaches us much about how Jehovah views cleanness. I am the Lord your God. First, let’s look at God’s holiness. 1 And the LORD spake unto Moses and to Aaron, saying unto them, 2 Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, These are the beasts which ye shall eat among all the beasts that are on the earth. Leviticus. Leviticus 11:44-45 – I am the Lord your God; consecrate yourselves and be holy, because I am holy. Most Christians do not know what the word holy actually means and nor did I … And you shall not make yourselves unclean with any of the swarming things that swarm on the earth. All the attributes of Yahweh make Him Who is because He is holy He is loving, because He is loving, He is just, because He is just, He is merciful… Leviticus 19:2; 20:7, 26 - Because Yahweh is holy he requires holiness.